HEALTH SCARE Pregnant Megan McKenna rushed to A&E as star reveals she’s ‘really not well’

Watch as the reality star reveals her horror hospital dash and what sparked it – causing her stomach to double in size

MEGAN McKenna was rushed to A&E after suffering an allergic reaction while pregnant.

The reality TV star revealed her “nightmare” hospital dash came after after she reacted badly to some medication.

Megan McKenna ended up in hospital after an allergic reaction to medication

Megan McKenna ended up in hospital after an allergic reaction to medicationCredit: Instagram

The star has revealed her terrifying experience

The star has revealed her terrifying experienceCredit: Getty
Megan, 31, said her stomach doubled in size and revealed she was terrified about how it would affect her unborn baby.

Sharing a video about her IVF journey with fiance Oliver Burke, Megan – who suffers from Crohn’s disease – explained why she had been missing from social media.

She said: “I’ve been a bit quiet because I had an allergic reaction from one of the medications and had to go to A&E with Olly.

“I was really not well. My belly was double the size and it was a nightmare so definitely not taking that medication anymore.”

She continued: “My body is hypersensitive and it is more scarier having that because I worry about it affecting the baby but after speaking to the doctors at the hospital they said it can’t actually affect the baby having an allergic reaction.

“So that’s why I haven’t been on here but I feel so much better and I’ll be back cooking my dinners for everyone.”

Megan revealed last week she’s expecting her first child after doing IVF.

In her new video, Megan explains her baby is the size of an avocado.

“How crazy is that,” she said.

“I’m going to share with you how we got this baby into my belly through IVF.

“We did a medicated IVF cycle transfer. Before you have a transfer we had our embryos frozen and so we had loads of eggs and 15 turned into embryos so we would literally have a football team we freeze.

“‘And then a couple of days later you have the thawing process like day two, day three, day four, and our embryos didn’t survive we were only left with two which is one of them which I had put into me.

“I had been injecting myself before to get my womb lining thick. I would inject myself with a progesterone and I had to do it at the same time every single day.

“It was so many hormones and it was intense. And I was taking a baby aspirin in the evening with all my vitamins as well.

“I was also doing acupuncture like every week and when I went to the clinic they had their own special person and proper acupuncture thing.

“You lay on the bed and they basically take your embryo out and it’s in this little tube and there being so careful and you don’t have anaesthetic.

“When I went in for egg retrieval you are basically sedated. I was nervous to even wee after because I didn’t want to drop it out.

“After we left anybody who has fertility treatment will understand you just have to get McDonalds fries after.

“I took all my medication and vitamins until I was 10 weeks and carried on taking baby aspirin until 12 weeks.”

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy - © 2024 News